How do I get this business up and running? And 3 valuable things.

hannah in black walnut ink on paper with earth pigment watercolors

 I would like to start blogging more often again. I feel like I have online content scattered all over the internet in a disorganized way, which is maybe just how I roll. But I think it would feel better to have some sort of organized system for putting my artistic life and process online. I often look at what other artists are doing. Many artists have kept blogs. I think most have stopped at this point and are only doing video blogs or instagram. I'm not sure what to do, but I think this is how I learn. I need to find my way, my own way, by digging through disorganized experimentations. And praying a lot about it. That's what seems to help. I noticed that when I used to blog regularly before, I didn't often write very much, I was mostly interested in posting pictures. I'm not really sure what people would want to read, but I think the blogging was more for me, and maybe it still is. 

This picture is of a painting I'm still working on of my friend Hannah. I made a painting of her on fabric and then I made a second one on paper because the first one did not get the response from her that I was hoping for. I like both. She says she likes the first one better than the second one. Anyways, there is always so much to share on a blog post and especially when I haven't shared for a long time. 

The main things on my mind (there's a lot) are about how to get myself up and running as an artist. I want this so badly. I just spent the last four years going to graduate school and then just living in northern New Mexico and I'm finally getting back into my art. It feels good and yet, of course, I'm also feeling strong feelings about how I wish I was further along by now. 

I realize after all is said and done that I needed to go out to New Mexico and have that experience. There are three things that stand out to me the most about the value of the experience overall. Indian country, Intentional community living, and my own internal healing process around my desire to be in a relationship, which was like a disease that was taking over my life and draining me of valuable energy. I've thought about how I could write a newsletter eventually about this. Maybe I will. I am so grateful to be free of this need/desire. The release happened because of using active imagination combined with Byron Katie's 4 question/inquiry method. And feminism helped too. 

There is too much to say. I'm going to try and keep up with this blog
from now on. Here is a picture of my dye garden in progress and the painting of Hannah on fabric. I hope you enjoy it. Maybe you could leave a comment. That helps me know people are interested. Thanks. Love, Suzy.








Comments

Popular Posts