Watercolor painting of Ireland



For some reason, I love this little watercolor painting I did the other day in my new studio. Its simple, but I did it to remember my experiences over this past year and to just spent time with them. It reminds me of being playful and just making art for fun and for loving it. Which is really the only reason why i want to make art ever. I've moved into the Marshall High Studios in Marshall, NC. An old high school that has been converted into artist studios. And I feel at home. When I first got there, I went out and sat on the back porch wondering what to do next because I hadn't heard back from Rob to show me around the place and out comes Frank Lombardo who asked me if I wanted to share his studio with him. So I am. Its perfect because it makes it so much more practical for me at this point. I'm thankful for that and I love the community and I love that I am making art and painting just for the fun of it and loving it. Again and again over the past few years, I feel at home around artists. I'm thankful to have found my tribe after much wandering in exile. :) After a bit of a rough start here, I read the ugly duckling story out of Woman Who Run With the Wolves the other day and I realized, hey! that's me! She writes:
"The solutions to these bad choices are severalfold. If the woman were able to sit herself down and peer into her own heart, one would see there a need to have her talents, her gifts, and her limitations respectfully acknowledged and accepted. So, to begin healing, stop kidding yourself that a little feel-good of the wrong sort will take care of the broken leg. Tell the truth about your wound, and then you will get a truthful picture of the remedy to apply to it. Don't pack whatever is easiest or most available into the emptiness. Hold out for the right medicine. You will recognize it because it makes your life stronger rather then weaker."  (Women Who Run With the Wolves)


"Rainbow over Appalachia (Ode to Ballyvaughan)"



sketching in the new OWL bakery in west asheville

nettle dye experimentation

Comments

Popular Posts