Magical days


This photo was taken by a woman named Ilesia. I'm sorry I do not know her last name. 





god, what a magical last few days. i feel so full of gratitude, i think i might burst open! so many beautiful souls entering into my life, beautiful moments. 
the final show at the Burren College of Art was magical. I sold two paintings!!! and then immediately following, the next day, I attended my first sweat lodge ceremony. putting it all on the fire. sweating my prayers. setting my intentions. 
the water was poured by Carl Big Heart of the Abenaki tribe (i think). check this shit out: carl big heart. so good. 

the next morning, i woke to this song i had set on my alarm which took on a whole new meaning:

"We burn the blue gum for a safe passage way,
Drink of the earth, smoke of the dirt,
And my warpaint was red ochre clay, hoka hey
Red ochre clay, hoka hey, red ochre clay, well
Our prayers ignite and cast out into the shire,
And the song of our struggle, came straight from the fire, it goes:
Holy holy grandmother we sing,
Wash us clean of our pain and suffering
Give us strength for a new beginning
In my deepest grace I sing
It'll wash away, it will wash away - lift 'em up"



Comments

Popular Posts