New studio








Getting the new studio under way (again). This time I’m in the Phil mechanics building in the river arts district on the top floor. Feel free to come check it out if you’re in Asheville. I’m sharing with the illustrious Jacqueline Malone. And we are both fond of using natural dyes in our work. I have been researching what can be used in this area because I like to forage my paint from the local landscape. So last week I ventured out to the great smokey mountains national park and gathered poke berry, sumac, golden rod and mushrooms. As I’ve already made a huge batch of black walnut dye, no need to forage that this time, but I have been having thoughts about leading a two day workshop on gathering black walnuts, making dye, and painting with it his fall! Wouldn’t that be fun! Actually, being in charge of a group sometimes intimidates me, but I think it could be fun. Anyways, let me know if anyone who reads this is interested. Maybe for kids? Then adults? Then kids and adults? Who knows. And everyone goes home with a little cute vintage jar of black walnut ink. Yes. Love you!

Comments

Popular Posts