Dance meditation.


                                       


Dance has been such a beautiful and powerful prayer form in my life.  As I learn to become in tune with and respond to my body, it has helped me so much to get out of my mind and verbal thinking patterns and find peace inside myself. I'm so thankful for practices like the five rhythms and contact improv.  I just can't express enough how wonderful and magical the world of disengaging from my mental stream of thoughts and that way of life and entering into my body space has been for me.  (I think I just said the same thing 3 different ways). So for our mid-term critiques at the Burren College of Art this semester, I found myself wanting to share this practice. I created a dress made for dancing and painted my self-portrait on it with the last of the blackberry dye I've been using all year (except for a small bit). I think it is no accident that the portrait that worked best was one of me looking up. 

The art in the background are two pieces I created this semester. One is a self-portrait with blackberry dye, rain water, and seaweed dye, the other is an abstract made of pigment and water and oil on canvas. The music is from Solomon Grey, two English musicians who traveled the west coast of Ireland recording sounds to make a beautiful album called "Dathannna: Sounds of the Wild Atlantic Way". The song is, "Gorm/Blue" 
Thank you Kalli for filming and David for figuring out all the technical stuff!
to watch a higher quality version then blogspot would allow, go to:  https://vimeo.com/159281956




Comments

Popular Posts