Goldenrod dye and portrait of a friend.

Hello. This is my beautiful soul friend, nicci. I met her at art school in Ireland this past year. She is on a powerful healing adventure learning to manifest powerful things through her beautiful, magical and amazing art. Traveling through Taos, NM and Colorado and discovering how the images she imagined months ago are now becoming reality. 
I’m so delighted to be making this portrait series of people I love. This is made with dye made from black walnuts boiled in French broad river water. The background is golden rod with hominy creek. There is also encaustic medium used, which is beeswax and tree resin. This piece spanned two studios in my short time back in the states. And now I’m done. 
Next up, I have a pot of sumac dye simmering in my studio right now….. We’ll see what will become of it. 
Dreams of a show. A show of paintings. People I love. Portraits. Dreams of a community. A healing community. Dreams of the native people of this land making a come back. Anything can happen, and a lot can change dramatically in a short amount of time. It already is. 
May your soul and life flow with the river that longs to carry you with it. Xx.

Comments

Popular Posts