Last days in Europe

Here are some sketchbook pages from my last days in Europe. The Findhorn river in Scotland, Shirley's cafe in ballyvaughan, the plane ride home, and a rough sketch of dobrah tea in west asheville, which is where I am now. What a year! What an amazing journey through the center of my heart. I am feeling sad right now, I admit. I miss the magic that was happening around my art work in ballyvaughan, and the quiet of the landscape and the ocean. It feels strange to be back. But I know the magic is inside me and I carry it all the way here with me. I'd like to write more about the whole journey and maybe someday I will. Right now, I will walk forward in courage and trust. I am reading "women who run with the wolves" right now and resonating with it so deeply. I totally get why it feels easier and safer to go down the road that has been paved already. It takes constant courage to follow one's dreams. At least for me, it does. Especially when my heart keeps consistently saying, "make art." I've learned to listen to and respect that voice. There is no other way for me now. For me the next steps are: 1. Weather the grieving process of this transition and of saying goodbye to the home I made and the people I fell in love with in Ireland, 2. Find a studio. 3. Start making art again. 4. Keep trusting. Refuse to worry. Breathe. 













Comments

Popular Posts