Evolution of darkness and light

I have officially run out of blackberry dye as of two days ago. I made stores of dye from berries I collected last fall here in western Ireland and have been painting with it since then waiting for that inevitable moment to arrive and wondering how the universe and I would collaborate in evolving into a new phase. So here it is, the last of the blackberry dye and India ink over top. I love it! I think it is my most interesting one yet. I love that, how you are afraid of something because you don't know what you are going to do once it happens and it will mean the end of something, and then it happens and the next step is just effortlessly right there waiting for you to walk into it, and it's even better then you could have thought. These pieces have also definitely been a study of darkness and light, which I feel in so many ways, this year has also been about, in the seasons and the activity of the sun here in western Ireland as well as the emotional state of all the students and staff and community here at the Burren College of Art. A dance. A dance of darkness and light. And the sun is dancing with us!



blackberry dye, india ink, on cotton.

Comments

Popular Posts